The Minnesota State High School League’s Board of Directors, at its meeting on August 4th, approved moving forward as scheduled with four Fall activities. Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Cross Country, Boys and Girls Soccer and Girls Swimming and Diving beginning on August 17th with limitations. The Board of Directors also approved moving Football and Volleyball to a modified spring season.
In approving the changes, the Board of Directors used information and frameworks provided by the Return to Participation Task Force in an earlier meeting. These frameworks were grounded in the following guiding principles:
- Demonstrate health and safety to the greatest extent possible
- Align with state organizations and agencies around return to learn models
- Provide an opportunity for education-based participation in each sport and activity
- Demonstrate equity and fairness
- Acknowledge financial implications
- Apply guidelines consistently