The Minnesota State High School League has been informed by the St. Paul Police department of potential traffic and parking challenges for tomorrow, Thursday, March 5, 2020, near the Xcel Energy Center.
Vice President Mike Pence is scheduled to visit the Intercontinental Hotel (11 E. Kellogg Blvd) on Thursday afternoon. It is likely that departure times from the afternoon session and arrival times for the evening session will be affected. The start times for tournament games will remain as scheduled. Please allow for extra time to arrive at the venue.
Here is what is known from the St. Paul Police Department at this point:
- The visit will take place during the afternoon rush hour and will impact both vehicle and pedestrian traffic
- Westbound Kellogg Boulevard in front of the hotel will be closed
- Cedar Street will have limited traffic and be closed between 4th and Kellogg
- Street parking around the hotel will be prohibited
- Police officers will work traffic detail outside the Xcel Energy Center to ensure everyone is able to come and go safely
- Customers using the Capital City Ramp will not have access to the Cedar Street entrance or exit
- Other parking facilities are not likely to be affected, other than temporary closures for short periods of time